Top 5 reasons to go to Shanti Maurice, Mauritius
If you love your spa holidays besides a beautiful beach, then you should definitely consider Shanti Maurice in Mauritius. It has such a special ambiance - luxurious yet relaxed and with a fabulous spa which is one of the largest in the Indian Ocean. Natalie has visited and thought it was wonderful in every way. We have a lot of single travellers going there too (it's spacious but has a cosy feel) so please don't think it's for starry-eyed couples only! Take a look at our TOP 5 reasons to go and call us on 020 3735 7555 if you would like to know more - we'll be happy to help.
1. The Nira Spa which is in a stand-alone building and is very spacious with 18 treatment rooms. Restorative, soothing, invigorating and rejuvenating spa treatments await you from Ayurveda to holistic as well as meditation and yoga sessions (in an airy, open-sided sala)
2. La Kaze Mama which gives you the chance to sample authentic Mauritian home-style cooking in the outdoor herb garden. A local 'mama' will demonstrate how to make traditional Mauritian bread and share her cooking tips and then you'll tuck into a delicious spread - yum, yum!
3. Talking of food, be sure to try ’Aquacasia’ in the Stars Restaurant - the dishes are inspired by street food as well as family recipes passed down through countless generations. Try cuisine from the isles of Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Reunion, Indonesia and Western Australia - how absolutely delicious do they sound?!
4. If you're the sporty (or curious) type then borrow a bike from reception and head off for a ride through the lush countryside soaking up the scenery and passing through local villages (be sure to wave to the cute children!) - such a great way to get a real sense of where you are and what's happening around you. And if you like golf, then you also get free, unlimited green fees at the nearby 18 hole Avalon Golf & Country Club. Ooooh and you can also swim with dolphins...
5. If you're looking to treat yourself or are here with a friend and would like your own bedrooms, splurge on a beachfront suite pool villa with your own private pool and direct beach access. Stylish, contemporary, roomy and totally divine in every way! Seriously special and private and you will never ever want to leave....
Take a look at our wellness programmes at Shanti Maurice here - we have one to suit everyone!