In today's post pandemic world, keeping up to date with requirements and restrictions around travel can be confusing. Below we have prepared a handy check list for you to follow:
• Our Wellbeing Travel Advisors will update you on any requirements for entry to the country you are visiting at time of booking. Be sure to check the foreign travel advice pages on the www.gov.uk website before you depart to make sure nothing has changed and please allow yourself enough time to organise pre departure testing if required.
• Check the validity dates on your passport and be sure it meets the validity requirements for the country you plan to visit
• Many airline websites will advise of documentation requirements when checking in for boarding passes on your airline website. Please read these to be sure you are compliant
• Check and be sure the name on your NHS Covid Pass match the name on your passport. If not, contact your GP to amend it.
• The terms and conditions for travel, including airlines, hotels, tour operators and their agents are returning to those offered pre-pandemic. All companies involved with travel had to offer extremely flexible conditions the last couple years as so many elements of travel were dictated by governments and health institutions. As travel returns to normal, you will find flexible conditions curtailed to reflect more normal business conditions. Do not assume you will be able to cancel or amend your bookings without the appropriate penalties and/or fees applied.
• You must carry the appropriate level of personal travel insurance. Be sure to read your policy and understand what is covered before departing.
It is a good idea to carry a printed copy of your travel documents, just in case you aren't able to access these digitally from your phone or tablet.
If you are unsure of something, ask us. We are here to help you!