It's official we are now free to take our international holidays
Travel restrictions and entry requirements still remain so we are here to take the confusion and stress away from your Wellbeing Escape.
At the time of enquiry your Wellbeing Travel Expert will advise you on any entry requirements required for your destination you are visiting as these are country specific.
If you are double vaccinated from the 19th July you can travel to amber list countries without needing to quarantine on return or requiring to take the day 8 test.
Where to travel without quarantine?
For English nationals a green list of quarantine free countries to travel to has now been published and will be updated every three weeks, the next announcement is due 15th July.
Current green list countries we feature:
Green List Requirements:
If you have been to a green list country in the previous 10 days the following requirements are needed:
Before returning to England:
- Complete an online passenger locator form (within 48 hours before arrival into England). After completion you will receive a QR code via email which you can print out or show on your phone at border control
- Take a COVID-19 test (taken within 3 days before departure, results must be in English, French or Spanish). Test types accepted are Antigen including lateral flow test, PCR tests and LAMP tests
- You will need to pre-book your Day 2 COVID-19 test and show proof at customs when re-entering England (see below for where to purchase your COVID-19 tests)
On Arrival in England:
You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
- take a COVID-19 Test on or before day 2 after you arrive.
Amber List Requirement:
If you have been to an amber list country in the previous 10 days the following requirements are needed if you are unvaccinated. See below for exemptions for the double vaccinated:
Before returning to England:
- Complete an online passenger locator form (within 48 hours before arrival into England). After completion you will receive a QR code via email which you can print or show on your phone at border control.
- Take a COVID-19 test (taken within 3 days before departure, results must be in English, French or Spanish), test types accepted are Antigen including lateral flow test, PCR tests and LAMP tests.
- You will to pre-book your Day 2 and Day 8 COVID-19 test and show proof at customs when re-entering England
On Arrival in England:
- take a COVID-19 Test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 (see below for where to purchase your COVID-19 tests)
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
If you pay for a private COVID-19 test on day 5 you may end your quarantine early through the 'Test to Release' scheme. If you have booked flights with British Airways you are eligible for a reduction on the test cost.
Red List Requirements:
Countries on the red list are deemed high risk of COVID-19 infection and are not advised to visit for leisure purposes.
- Costa Rica
- Sri Lanka
You will be require to book a quarantine hotel package together with 2 COVID-19 tests and quarantine for 10 days at a quarantine managed hotel at your own expense.
For Entry Back into Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales:
The requirements travelling back to other parts of the UK differ including the traffic light designation of countries.
Here are the information links for your country:
Where can I get a COVID-19 Test?
For ease we would advise you to take an antigen test kit with you on holiday to test within 3 days before arrival into the UK. This will save you searching for a test centre on your holiday. Qured is an official UK government provider antigen tests from £39.
If the airline you are flying with is not listed ask your Wellbeing Travel Expert to advise on any available reduced test costs for your airline.
For your PCR tests you will need to enter your destination and on your return most airlines have now partnered with approved test providers to offer reduced cost tests if you have booked a flight with them. Easyjet, British Airways, Ryan Air and Jet 2 are offering their customers PCR home testing kits from £60 per test. Please check with your airline or if we are organising your flights we will advise on testing providers.
What are the Benefits of Being Vaccinated?
From 19th July if you are double vaccinated you can visit amber destinations under the same rules as a green country, i.e. if you visit an amber country you will need a lateral flow or PCR test taken 3 days before re-entry into England and a PCR test taken on day 3 after arrival.
You will not need to quarantine however.
If you have had 2 doses of an approved vaccine you can show your vaccine status through the NHS app. For those without a smartphone you can call the NHS helpline on 119 and request a letter of your vaccine status to be posted to you.
Some countries will ask to see vaccine status on entry and this may replace the need for a PCR test or quarantine on arrival, ask at the time of booking if this is applicable for your booking destination.
Flexible Booking Conditions
These are exceptional times and we understand that you will need flexible conditions to give you peace of mind.
We will negotiate with our suppliers on your behalf to be as flexible as possible. The booking conditions will be provided on a case by case basis and we can advise for your holiday at the time of enquiry.
Travel restrictions are subject to change, we are constantly monitoring and updating this information.