The Way Of Living - Holistic Retreat in Greece with Kate Henley
- 2 sessions of acupuncture including an initial assessment (at the beginning and at the end)
- 1 Thai massage session
- Daily morning Qi Gong sessions with Kate
- Group yoga, meditation and group study time
- Booklet on Chinese seasonal eating
- Day hike along the stunning Greek coast line
- Trip to ancient amphitheatre of Epidavros
- Trip to Taverna for traditional Greek lunch
- Trip for dinner to Epidavros town to eat traditional food next to the sea in the port
- All food - breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon tea & cake, dinner
- Water, hot beverages and wine at dinner (a small glass)
- Transfers to and from the airport (1 hour 45 minute transfer visiting the Corinth Canal)
- Flight are not included
- A private consultation with Kate Henley (worth £100, done in her clinic in St Albans on Wednesdays or online)
- Retreat dates:
- 14 - 21 September 2024
- Prices - book BEFORE 1 February 2024:
- - £2,200 per person on single use room basis
- - £1,800 per person when sharing a room
- Prices - book AFTER 1 February 2024:
- - £2,350 per person on single use room basis
- - £1,875 per person when sharing a room
This retreat is very unique from all other retreats! There is no strict agenda for you to follow; you can take time to rest and relax! Your time is your own, to feel your own rhythm. At the same time, every participant will feel supported, comfortable, well fed and totally looked after. The focus here is on mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing. The retreat will draw from Traditional Chinese medicine, at the beginning of the retreat you will have an in-depth assessment with Josephine who will also do your acupuncture sessions. These sessions will be tailored specifically to you and issues you wish to tackle (2 sessions during the retreat). You will also have a session of Thai yoga massage.
Apart from this you will experience sunrise Qi gong sessions by the sea with Kate, after-dinner meditation and gentle and calm yoga classes. Every day there will be a talk about a different season (there are 5 seasons in Traditional Chinese medicine).
You will have an opportunity to get out and explore the local area with a coastal hike, trip to Roman amphitheater, and lunch at a Greek taverna right on the beach. One evening you will dine in the nearby town on the waterfront.
Please note that this will be a quiet retreat and use of electronic devides will be discounraged.
Please note that this is not luxury accommodation but will you have all you need for a comfortable stay.
This is not a luxurious hotel but you will have a comfortable stay with homely feel.
What’s on the menu
- Eggs, yoghurt, fruit salad, Greek cheese selection (including local anthotyro and kefalotyri), tomatoes, freshly juiced oranges from the garden, a wide selection of homemade jams including fig and pomegranate, tahini, local honey, coffee, tea, local mountain tea.
- Walnuts, almonds, dried chickpeas with raisins, figs, dates and prunes
- Halva, fresh fruit and tea and coffee
- Spinach risotto
- Orzo pasta with bell peppers, spring onions, parsley, sesame seeds, vinegar and olive oil
- Beetroot salad with walnuts, parsley, garlic and olive oil
- Fava bean dip with onions, lemon and olive oil
- Feta cheese and ginger dip with lemon and olive oil
- Light tahini dip with lemon
- Wholemeal bread with barley crips
- Rose tea
- Cake made with avocado and fresh figs
- Gazpacho soup with smoked paprika, vegetable tartar and barley crisp bread
- Halved aubergines stuffed with chick pea, tomato, feta, olives and fresh parsley
- Orange pie with pelargonium
The hotel is right next to the sea with a pebble beach and crystal clear water.
Nearest airportNearest airport is Athens.
Transfer from and to airport is included in your retreat price.