Sen Wellness Sanctuary
Tangalle, Sri Lanka
When to go
What we love
- You’re given slices of coconuts every morning – how’s that for starting your day the local way
- The high level of attention as there is only a maximum of 16 guests at any one time
- The Sanctuary’s positive imprint – it has set up a local school for the blind for example
Who should go
- Single travellers who want to be surrounded by like-minded people and create connections
- All those seeking an authentic yoga retreat
- Everyone who needs to disconnect from the world and go within.
- Free return airport transfers from Colombo airport (min 7 nights, worth £180)
- Loyalty offer for those who travelled to Sen Wellness with us before - Free night offer: stay 7 & pay for 6 or stay 10 & pay for 8
|Room price||Nights||Price per night||Programme price pp||Total|
|£1,710||5||£342||+||£0||= £1,710 for 2 adults|
The retreat offers a winning combination of nurturing Ayurveda, yoga and meditation. The philosophy is to remind our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual body to live in harmony and as one. It aims to help you reset your body’s natural rhythms. You’ll be guided by a team of world-class yoga teachers, local, intuitive therapists, skilful chefs and a knowledgeable Ayurvedic doctors. The programme is an integrative system of healing that blends advanced scientific principles of the West and ancient wisdom of the East.
Please note that there isn’t any spa, swimming pool or sauna as such. There are some simple treatment rooms as well as yoga shala.
- Relaxing body massage
- Ayurvedic massage
- Cooking class
- Lifestyle talks
- Visit local markets and soak up the local culture
- See sacred temples
- Go whale or turtle watching
Typical Group Classes
- Sunrise and sunset yoga (hatha, vinyasa, kundalini)
Sample Weekly Class SchedulePlease note - Classes are subject to change and seasonal adjustments
The Cabana's have king-size beds or can be converted into twin beds.
Each has a private en-suite bathroom. The bathrooms are open to the elements so you can shower whilst star gazing.
There is no air-conditioning but instead the cabana's are well ventilated.
What’s on the menu
Nearest airportThere is a direct flight from London which takes approximately 11 hours and is operated by Sri-Lankan Airlines.
Transfer time by car is approximately 2.5 hrs from Colombo airport to the retreat.
Visa and entry:
You will need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. You can do apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) here.
On arrival visa facilities are available, however applying for an ETA before travel is advised for ease of travel and to prevent delays on arrival.
As of December 2022 travellers are no longer required to produce COVID-19 vaccination certificates on arrival in Sri Lanka. Pre-departure COVID-19 tests are also no longer required before arrival.